Thursday 3 October 2013

Car (Automobile) Sharing (Pooling) - Half the Work, Half the Congestion!

We have recently started car (automobile) sharing when my daughter goes to her dancing lessons.
There is another family whose daughter also goes, and they live about half a mile from us (about 800 metres/meters).

So, that mum takes the two girls (our daughter and theirs), and my wife goes to to assist them with changing etc. etc., and, about an hour later, I pick them all up.
So, my daughter goes dancing, and I only have to drive the second of the two trips, which allows me time to work late (which is almost every wednesday!), while the other mum does the first trip, then goes to work straight after.
A win:win situation.
And, because each car is only used once, not twice, it helps cut the number of cars on the road, and saves fuel and CO2 emmisions as well.
Sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment